Calabrio Celebrates Strategic Business Growth
Contact center workforce optimization and analytics provider grows first quarter software sales by more than 84 percent year over year; Company grows employment nearly 40 percent, releases three new products and surpasses 4,000 clients served in past year
MINNEAPOLIS – Calabrio, a leading provider of contact center workforce optimization (WFO) and analytics software, today celebrated continued strategic business growth from 2013 and into 2014, including an 84 percent increase in year-over-year first quarter sales for the company’s flagship Calabrio ONE suite. The record-breaking quarter builds on the success of the past year, in which the company grew WFO sales by 70 percent, grew its employee base by nearly 40 percent, released three new analytics products and surpassed 4,000 clients.
Several high-profile industry accolades – including the second consecutive year positioning Calabrio as the only “Visionary” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Workforce Optimization* – also solidified the company’s widespread business momentum.
“Our multi-year strategy focused on growing Calabrio’s software business has propelled the company throughout the past year,” said Tom Goodmanson, president and chief executive officer for Calabrio. “We continue to innovate and disrupt the industry, as validated by more than 400 new customers that have switched to Calabrio ONE in the last year. Our business momentum through the first quarter has us excited for a big 2014 and beyond: bigger customers, bigger deployments and a bigger Calabrio – all benefiting our clients and their customers around the globe.”
Calabrio’s momentum centered on Calabrio ONE, a unified software suite that includes call recording; quality assurance; workforce management; speech, desktop and text analytics; and performance-based dashboards and reporting. The software’s powerful analytics platform provides ready access to information that historically has been impossible to obtain without costly IT integrations and expert business intelligence resources. By creating structure for the most unstructured data—voice—and integrating powerful analytics into a unified system, Calabrio ONE truly frees the “voice of the customer,” empowering organizations with the data and insights needed to inform business decisions at all levels.
Calabrio ONE provides the unique ability to simplify analysis and planning for customer service organizations, which in turn allows them to drive operational efficiencies and business performance throughout the entire enterprise.
Business Growth In All The Right Places
- Calabrio’s primary growth metric of WFO sales grew by more than 84 percent in the first quarter of 2014 as compared to the same period last year, and is up more than 305 percent over the past three years.
- Calabrio’s global client base now exceeds 4,000 organizations, with approximately 40 percent of new customers adopting the company’s full workforce optimization suite – a rate nearly four times the industry average.
- Calabrio increased its employee base by nearly 40 percent across sales, marketing, services, IT and development in 2013, and is on track to add 40 more employees throughout 2014.
- Calabrio moved to a new 30,000-square-foot office in downtown Minneapolis to support its growth.
Further bolstering recent software sales, Calabrio unveiled the Calabrio Freedom program to help contact centers easily trade up to Calabrio ONE from outdated and complex contact center solutions that hinder enterprise speed and performance.
Continuous Product Innovation Drives Adoption and Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Calabrio embraced a rapid development cycle and deployed several key enhancements to its core Calabrio ONE software suite in the past year. Enhancements promoted greater ease-of-use, user and enterprise personalization, scalability and lower total cost of ownership for the organization. Calabrio also expanded its focus on Avaya to complement its long-standing OEM relationship with Cisco Systems. Key product headlines include:
- Calabrio Raises the Bar for Usability in Workforce Optimization (Oct. 1, 2013)
- Calabrio Makes Voice of the Customer an Accessible Dimension of Big Data (Sept. 12, 2013)
- Latest Versions of Calabrio Workforce Management and Calabrio Quality Management Rated “Avaya Compliant” (Aug. 6, 2013)
- Calabrio Launches Desktop Analytics to Drive Continuous Growth and Improvement by Making Agent Activities Transparent (June 25, 2013)
- Calabrio Advances Workforce Management Capabilities to Bolster Forecast Accuracy and Intraday Management (March 13, 2013)
- Calabrio Triples Recording Efficiency to Attack TCO for Compliance, Quality and Speech Analytics Solutions (Jan. 17, 2013)
Industry Accolades Highlight Vision for the Future
For the second consecutive year, Calabrio was the only vendor positioned as a “Visionary” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Workforce Optimization, which evaluates vendors based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute. Recent high-profile awards and top honors for the company and Calabrio ONE include:
- Calabrio Receives TMC’s CUSTOMER Magazine’s 2014 Product of the Year Award (Jan. 23, 2014)
- Calabrio Positioned as Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Workforce Optimization (Dec. 5, 2013)
- Calabrio ONE Wins Stevie Award for Simplifying Analytics and Customer Relationship Management (Oct. 29, 2013)
- Calabrio Receives 2013 Speech Technology Excellence Award From TMC and CUSTOMER Magazine (Aug. 1, 2013)
- Calabrio ONE Awarded 2013 TMC Labs Innovation Award by INTERNET TELEPHONY (June 4, 2013)
- Calabrio Speech Analytics Receives TMC’s CUSTOMER Magazine’s 2012 Product of the Year Award (Jan. 24, 2013)
Most notably, Calabrio customers Polaris, Keurig Green Mountain and AAA of Western and Central New York all received CRMXCellence Challenge Awards for improving contact center performance using Calabrio ONE. These companies and more are also part of Calabrio’s unique and growing customer-led user group.
The company also opened the Calabrio Innovation Center last summer, with services dedicated to developing contact center best practices through teaching, sharing and collaboration between industry experts and a community of customers.
A complete list of product announcements, industry accolades and other company news is available in Calabrio’s Media Center.
For more information about Calabrio and Calabrio ONE, visit www.calabrio.com.
About Calabrio, Inc.
Calabrio, Inc. develops and markets Calabrio ONE®, a comprehensive suite of contact center workforce optimization software that’s easy to implement, use and maintain. Calabrio ONE includes call recording, quality assurance, workforce management, speech analytics, desktop and text analytics, and performance-based dashboards and reporting. Calabrio ONE is flexible – providing product bundles and add-ons that make it easy for customers to begin with the right set of applications and features for their business today, then build on their success with new applications and features as their business matures and their needs evolve. Calabrio ONE is built on a modern architecture that allows the contact center to integrate new applications easily, as well as personalize and optimize the desktop toolset for each user – agents, supervisors, managers, knowledge workers and executives. Calabrio is a member of the Cisco Developer Network (CDN), and a gold member of the Avaya DevConnect program. Find news and information at www.calabrio.com.
Follow Calabrio on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/calabrio
Calabrio, Calabrio ONE and the Calabrio logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Calabrio, Inc. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
*Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Workforce Optimization, Jim Davies, November 20, 2013. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.